Happy to announce some new updates you will see in your app! Fixing bugs and crashes were our priority, but we managed to sneak in some other cool features for you as well in this update. ENJOY!
SETTINGS, MESSAGING & SUPPORT: Slide right or tap the three parallel lines on your home screen to reveal a button for each of these features
- Profile: change your name, gender, height, weight, and birth date
- Notifications: turn on your push notifications to notify you when you have an upcoming workout or message from your trainer. Additionally, opt to receive emails from us if you have a notification that you have not seen
- Audio controls: change how often you want ‘your trainer’ to speak with you throughout your workouts
- Exercise Speed: change the speed of each rep according to your and your trainer’s preferences. Prefer to knock out 25 push-ups lightning fast? Not a problem, change the exercise speed from ballistic to super slow and everything in between
- Account: logout or login with a different email or password. Always let us know if you would like to use a different email address and we can work with you to get set up
- MESSAGE TRAINER
- The envelope icon on this same screen allows you to message your trainer. Additionally, on your home screen, tapping your trainer’s image will also bring you to the messaging feature
- Whether it’s a question, comment, or concern—we love hearing from you and are here to help you have the best experience possible
- In the upper-right corner of your home screen you will see a calendar icon. Click the icon or pull down on the screen to reveal your calendar of workouts for the corresponding week.
- Days with an icon represent the days your trainer has a workout created for you. Days without icons represent rest days unless further explained by your trainer.
- The icons will either have a green checkmark, Red X, or nothing. A checkmark represents a completed workout, an X represents a missed workout, and nothing represents you have not yet had the opportunity to complete a workout—so get after it!
LISTEN TO MUSIC: Jam out to your favorite tunes with our new built in music player!
- Once you begin a workout, you will see the music bar pop up. It will display a ‘previous’, ‘pause/play’, and ‘next’ button for you to control. You can also click on the playlist button to dropdown a list of your favorites in your iTunes collection
- It would be pretty annoying to have the music bar at the top of your screen throughout the duration of your workout, so it will disappear after a second or two. To get it back, pull down the screen to reveal the controls again.
GENERAL: Yes, there are several exciting new features in this update… However, let’s make sure we are still aware of the small but sometimes necessary features too!
- MISSED WORKOUTS
- Couldn’t squeeze in your workout yesterday? We will give you a 10-day ‘grace period’ to do a workout that you couldn’t quite fit in. On your calendar, tap an icon with an ‘X’ within 10-days to complete when you find the time (as long as you don’t already have a workout for that day!)
- When in doubt…refresh! To refresh your app, pull down on the screen. This can be helpful if your trainer is sending you workouts, it unexpectedly crashed, etc.
- NOTES FROM TRAINER
- Every so often, you may get a pop up message from your trainer giving you tips, reminding you to keep your hips down while doing a plank, etc. These will pop-up in a gray-shaded box and then disappear. These are here just to show you that your trainer is really there for you and thinking about you while creating your workouts.
- TIPS: VISUAL CUES
- In addition to audio cues, you can also see visual cues for each exercise. Tap pause at any point during an exercise, and then tap the exercise name to bring you to the list of cues/tips
- LOCK UP
- Rather than carrying around your phone, slide over the lock button (located about ¾ down the screen) to allow you to slide your phone in your pocket without accidentally hitting a button and causing mayhem!
- Eager to see what’s in store for you for the next several minutes? On a day you have a workout assigned, you will see icons of the corresponding equipment you will need on your home screen. Slide up your screen and you will see a preview displaying the sets, reps, and amount of weight needed for each exercise
The GAIN Fitness Team
PS If you haven’t seen it yet, we are running a limited time referral program for you to give the gift of fitness to a friend! You give a friend $30 towards one month of Hybrid Personal Training, and we will credit your account $30!